How To Cure A Really Bad Sore Throat – Flu season is often accompanied by fever, chills and cough. The constant itching caused by a sore throat is often annoying, especially if it interferes with your productivity at work and at home.
A sore throat, which is contagious in nature, is often the first signal our body gives in response to an infection. Pharyngitis or sore throat is a disease with local and systemic symptoms. Here are some home remedies that you can follow to get rid of this condition:
How To Cure A Really Bad Sore Throat
1. Gargling: Our grandmother’s favorite remedy for throat infection, gargling is the best and most effective way to treat sore throat. This is because a glass of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt helps to increase blood flow in the throat area and eventually clear the infection. Once the infection is gone, the edema associated with the infection also decreases. In addition, the mucus, which often hardens at such a time, loosens and is easily removed from the body.
Ear Nose And Throat
2. Warm liquids: Teas like cinnamon tea, ginger tea, lemon honey tea or simply a cup of desi masala tea can do wonders for your throat. As the throat becomes congested due to infection, warm fluids can help soothe the area.
3. Soft diet: eating food that is lighter on the stomach will be beneficial. Apart from this, foods that do not hurt when they go down the throat will also be of great help. You can steam an apple and eat it with honey or for best results mash khichdi or dal with mashed vegetables.
4. Steam: You can add a cough suppressant to your steam and inhale it for quick relief. This will open up your nose and throat and help you breathe properly.
5- Throat Soothing Agents: During a sore throat, our throat becomes dry and as a result causes numbness in the throat area. Taking cough drops, menthol or eucalyptus oil lozenges can help your throat heal faster.
Sore Throat At Night: Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment
6. Local heat: Sore throat also causes pain. There are times when the throat spasms or when we eat hard food the throat starts to hurt. In such cases, you can place a heating pad or a warm towel around the neck to relieve the sensitive area of pain.
7. Antipyretic pain medication: All medication should only be taken after approval by the family doctor. Unless you are allergic to over-the-counter pain relievers (NSAIDs), they are useful for reducing fever and should be taken immediately.
8. What to avoid: Although sore throat can be a very common problem for many with the change of seasons, we tend to stick to our daily habits even during such times. Avoid smoking, drinking caffeinated beverages such as cold drinks, consuming fatty and fried foods, and exercising. That’s because while exercise stresses your body and doesn’t allow it to heal faster, consuming foods and liquids with too many processed ingredients can damage your throat. This is because it leads to dehydration, dryness and throat irritation, when it should heal on its own.
9. Avoid going to public places as the infection may increase as colds, coughs and fevers during the flu season are highly contagious and may worsen your condition.
Cure Sore Throat: 10 Quick Ways To Get Rid Of Sore Throat Instantly
10. If your sore throat lasts more than 5 days, your neck starts to swell, or your body hurts and you can’t stand the pain, see a doctor.
Learn about the latest lifestyle, fashion and beauty trends, relationship tips and health and food hacks.
Click here to subscribe to other newsletters that may interest you and you will always find the stories you want to read in your inbox.
Learn about the latest lifestyle, fashion and beauty trends, relationship tips and the onslaught of Covid-19 health and food updates: about precautions – including guidelines for visitors – in our hospitals for your safety and for patients And our healthcare providers are informed.
Burning Throat: Causes And How To Get Relief
A sore, scratchy or irritated throat can be bothersome – or a sign of a more serious illness. Primary care physician Abhigyan Banka, MD, of the Franciscan Beech Grove Family Medicine Physician Network answers common questions about sore throats, how to care for a sore throat at home, and when a doctor’s visit is recommended.
While many people think that a sore throat can mean strep throat, there are many causes of a sore throat. This includes:
Rare causes of sore throat include autoimmune conditions, cancer, fungal infection, or trauma to the neck.
As frustrating as a sore throat can be, there is no quick fix for a sore throat, says Dr. Banka.
Throat Inflammation: What Can You Do About Your Sore Throat?
He said: Most of the causes of sore throat do not require special treatment and usually recover within a few days.
For children over 5, Dr. Banka said throat lozenges or chloraseptic throat sprays can be helpful. Parents should be aware that throat lozenges can pose a choking hazard to younger children.
Other potential home remedies that may be effective in relieving a sore throat include gargling with lemon, salt water, or hot ginger tea with lemon and honey.
Other potential home remedies for sore throat have no proven clinical benefit, Dr. Banka said. This includes:
Betadine Sore Throat Spray
Dr. Banka said: Do not use cold medicines containing pseudoephedrine for more than 2 days for normal people, and avoid it for people with high blood pressure, glaucoma, diabetes and pregnant women.
“Be careful not to mix multiple OTC cold medications with other cough or cold medications, Tylenol, ibuprofen, etc.,” Dr. Banka said. Most of them have common ingredients and it is very easy to overdose.
Some sore throat medications such as lozenges are a choking hazard for small children. Dr. Banka suggests comfort tips:
“The general rule is that if you feel you need to be examined, you should be examined by a doctor,” Dr. Banka said.
Sore Throats: The Truth
If you or your child have severe symptoms and signs of a sore throat, such as:
“If you’re not better within a week, or if you’ve gotten better and get worse again, see your doctor,” Dr. Banka said.
MyChart App All your health information in one place. View your medications, test results, upcoming appointments, medical bills, price estimates and more on MyChart.
“If necessary, taking them is actually harmful,” Dr. Banka said. “This can increase bacterial resistance or cause diarrhea, rashes or other symptoms.” Medically reviewed by Natalie Butler, R.D., L.D. – By Jerisha Parker Gordon – Updated August 15, 2019
Pain When Swallowing: Causes, Symptoms, And Pain Relief
We add products that we think will be useful to our readers. If you make a purchase through the links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here is our process
When you have a sore throat, the burning sensation and discomfort can make it difficult to drink or eat. What foods are good to eat and drink when you have a sore throat?
Keep reading to find out the best things to eat and drink when you have a sore throat and what you might want to avoid.
Foods that are soft and easy to swallow are usually safe to eat when you have a sore throat. The soft tissue helps limit the amount of irritation in the throat. Warm food and drink can also help soothe the throat.
Which Is Best For Sore Throat: Lemon, Honey, Or Alcohol?
You should avoid foods that may irritate your throat more or are difficult to swallow. These foods may include:
In some people, dairy products can thicken or increase mucus production. This can cause you to clear your throat more, which can make your sore throat worse.
The first and most affordable way to relieve a sore throat is to gargle with warm water and salt. Add about a tablespoon of salt to 8 ounces of warm water. Stir the ambient salt into the water. Then take a few sips, tilt your head back and gargle. Be careful not to swallow. Instead, spit it out and repeat.
Some herbal remedies can help. Herbal sprays, drops, or teas containing licorice root or honeysuckle may provide some relief. But before using a herbal remedy, make sure you are aware of the following potentials:
The Best Foods & Remedies To Soothe You When You’re Sick
If you are not sure what you can safely take, ask your doctor. This is especially true if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Some herbal medicines are not safe to use during pregnancy.
You can also use over-the-counter methods. Throat lozenges, which you can buy in some grocery stores and pharmacies, not only relieve throat irritation a little, but many of them have a pleasant taste.
Paracetamol (Tylenol) is a mild pain reliever that some people use for minor pain. It can also help relieve a sore throat. Before taking paracetamol, be sure to read the instructions on the package and take the recommended amount that is right for you.
If none of these methods provide long-term or lasting relief and your sore throat persists, you may need to try prescription medications. If you can’t find relief, talk to your doctor.
Pain And Sore Roof Of Mouth
If your sore throat does not go away
How to cure a bad sore throat, how to cure a really bad sore throat, how to cure a bad sore throat fast, really bad sore throat, really bad sore throat remedies, i have a really bad sore throat, how to get rid of really bad sore throat, how to cure a really sore throat, how to get rid of a really bad sore throat, really bad cough and sore throat, how to treat a really bad sore throat, how to cure bad sore throat