Scores From The Nfl Today – 32 things we learned from Week 14 of the 2021 NFL season: Close calls and blowouts as playoff picture remains open
1. No playoff berths are still up for grabs league-wide, although the Arizona Cardinals (their 10-2 record remains the best in the NFL) could clinch first by beating the Los Angeles Rams on Monday at the evening.
Scores From The Nfl Today
4. After getting run over by the New England Patriots in Week 13, the Bills seemed determined to win in emphatic fashion. On Sunday, Buffalo became the first team in 30 years without a runner in the first half. This approach allowed the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to build a 24-3 lead.
The Pff 101: Highlighting The Top 101 Players From The 2021 Nfl Season
5. The Bucs nearly blew that lead after halftime, when the Bills, um, opened up the back for seven carries and 64 yards. In fact, QB Josh Allen’s TD run and a pair of TD passes allowed Buffalo to take the game to overtime before losing. Allen, who left Raymond James Stadium in a walking boot, basically held Buffalo’s ground attack to 109 yards. He had 308 more in the air.
6. On the other hand, another day in the office for Bucs QB Tom Brady. He threw for his career-high 700 TDs (playoffs included) for the overtime victory and passed Drew Brees for the all-time rushing record, TB12 now with 7,156.
7. Brady also beat the Bills 33 times, the most by any quarterback in NFL history against a single opponent.
8. Look for them in January if the Dallas Cowboys can dispatch a quality opponent like the Washington football team on a day when QB Dak Prescott isn’t playing well and RB Tony Pollard isn’t even available. Dallas now has a three-game lead in the NFC East with four games to play, and its defense continues to create opportunities (5 sacks, 4 sacks, TD scored on Sunday).
Nfl Overtime Rules For Playoffs, Explained: How Is Winner Determined?
9. It should be those comfortable team benches, which the Cowboys will now be forced to wear for the rest of their road games.
10. And Prescott? Despite a subpar day that included two INTs, he is 19-3 against NFC East opponents since 2017.
11. Oh, and rookie Dallas LB Micah Parsons? With two more sacks and a forced fumble returned by DEDorance Armstrong for a score, Parsons (12 sacks in 13 games) is very much in the mix for the league’s Defensive Player of the Year award.
12. Green Bay Packers QBAaron Rodgers still owns the Chicago Bears, throwing at least four TD passes against them for the seventh time in his career in Sunday night’s 45-30 win. An Arizona loss on Monday would move the Pack into first place overall in the NFC standings.
All Nfl Final Scores For Week 18 Of 2021 Games
13. But the Bears didn’t make it easy in a surprisingly wild game in Green Bay. In fact, he was the first since at least 1925 to have five touchdowns of at least 35 yards in a quarter, with Chicago WR Jakim Grant having a 46-yard TD catch and a 97-yard return for a score in the second period. .
The Bears-Packers put up 45 points in the second quarter, the most in any quarter in the Bears-Packers rivalry. The previous high was 42 points in the fourth quarter in 1955. — ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) December 13, 2021
14. The Kansas City Chiefs rolled past the Las Vegas Raiders 48-9 on Sunday, giving a strong response to the Raiders’ decision to hold a pregame “huddle” with the Chiefs logo at midfield at Arrowhead Stadium. .. where the Silver and Black. won in 2020. K.C. In 2021, Vegas was outscored by a collective score of 89-23.
Digit! # The Raiders rallied as a team after their pregame warmups around the 25-yard line. He then proceeded to transfer his team to midfield on top of the #chiefs logo. The stadium erupted as the Raiders fired up. LFG!!! pic.twitter.com/6MQOVtQ5G0 — James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) December 12, 2021
Quick Snap: Josh Jacobs Scores Lone Touchdown In Raiders’ Last Minute Loss
14th Winners of six straight, the Chiefs moved up to third overall in the AFC, but are now tied for the best record in the conference at 9-4. Credit a defense that has allowed 17 points or fewer in each game during the streak, the first since K.C. he’s managed it since 2013, and just nine in each of the last three tournaments. The two-time defending AFC champions are allowing just 10.8 points per game during their hot streak and have forced multiple turnovers in all but one of those games.
16. Speaking of slack, tough day for Bengals running back Mandarius Phillips, who set up the San Francisco 49ers for 10 points in Cincinnati’s 26-23 overtime loss. Far from leading the AFC North, the Bengals suddenly find themselves in third place in the division and out of the projected playoff field.
17. On the other hand, a big day for Niners TE George Kittle, who is definitely returning to All-Pro form in time. Over the last two weeks, he has 22 catches for 332 yards and three TDs. Kittle had nine catches for 124 yards, including three catches for 38 yards in OT, as San Francisco (7-6) bolstered its playoff odds after halftime Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium.
18. And a shout out to San Francisco WR Deebo Samuel, who continues to sacrifice his numbers as a receiver while filling in as a ball carrier for this depleted group of running backs. Samuel became the first wideout to make four consecutive field goals in the Super Bowl era. His six rushing TDs in 2021 are also the single-season record among receivers since 1966.
Nfl:amazon.com:appstore For Android
COVID-19 [FEMININE. This season certainly seems to have gone logistically smoothly because the pandemic hasn’t (yet) disrupted the schedule. But here’s your weekly reminder that the virus is wreaking havoc in the NFL and nationally. On Monday alone, 11 players were placed on the league-wide COVID-19/standby list. Lions RB Majal Williams was one of seven Detroit players out Sunday with the virus (while others were dealing with the flu). Saints RBMark Ingram II, Houston Texans RB David Johnson and Los Angeles Chargers WR Keenan Allen did not play Sunday, although the Bolts did return WR Mike Williams and CB Chris Harris Jr. in time. Saints Pro Bowl running back Decameron Jordan was also ineligible, forcing him to miss the first game of his 11-year career. Washington running back Montez Sweat, who balked at preseason shots, had to delay his return from a broken jaw. Green Bay QB Kurt Benkert took a knee Sunday night, his first moments of the regular season, because Rodgers’ regular backup Jordan Love was on the COVID-19 list. The Rams are unlikely to start RB Darrell Henderson for Monday’s key game at Arizona.
20. Chargers DE Joey Bosa and 49ers DE Nick Bosa combined for three sacks on Sunday. They now have a total of 22½ in 2021, surpassing the previous Bosa brother record of 20½ in 2019.
21. Justin Herbert of the Chargers has had as good a two-year start as any quarterback not named Dan Marino. Herbert connected for three more TD passes in Sunday’s blowout of the New York Giants, giving him an AFC-best 30 and putting him ahead of the Hall of Famer in at least one aspect. Herbert is now the first player in league history to throw at least 30 touchdowns in his first two seasons.
22. The Jacksonville Jaguars laid eggs, literally zero points, in Sunday’s loss to the Tennessee Titans as negative press continues to swirl around first-year coach Urban Meyer. He and rookie QB Trevor Lawrence (4 INTs in Nashville) were expected to resurrect this franchise, but it’s already worth wondering how much progress has been made on a 2-11 team with this being his only season.
Nfl Draft Grades 2022: All 32 Draft Classes Ranked From Best (ravens) To Worst (patriots)
22nd The mayor dismissed the NFL Network report detailing the dysfunction in Jacksonville as “nonsense,” but also issued a public warning that anyone in his ranks could leak the information: “If there’s a source, that source is unemployed,” the mayor said. in a matter of seconds, if there is a resource that does it”.
23. While backup QBTyler Huntley has played reasonably well in relief, the bum ankle sustained by starter Lamar Jackson could be.
Injuries have not defeated the Baltimore Ravens this stellar season. If Jackson is forced to miss any time, Baltimore, despite holding on to first place in the AFC North after Sunday’s loss at Cleveland, could be done with a schedule that includes the Packers, Bengals, Rams and Steelers.
25. In a battle of former BYU QBs, Taysom Hill of the New Orleans Saints got the best of Zach Wilson of the New York Jets. Neither threw a TD pass, but Hill ran for a pair, including a 44-yarder to cap the scoring in a 30-9 run.
What Is The Highest Scoring In A Single Nfl Football Game?
26. The Saints snapped a five-game losing streak, with Hill engineering the team’s first win since starting QB Jameis Winston was lost with a season-ending knee injury on Halloween.
27. Time to admit that the Broncos’ Melvin Gordon and Javonte Williams are as good as any RB tandem in the league. On Sunday, they combined for 194 yards and four scores and could only propel Denver (7-6) into the postseason.
Scores of the nfl today, nfl football scores from today, scores from the nfl games today, scores on the nfl today, scores for the nfl today, scores around the nfl today, the nfl scores today, all the nfl scores today, nfl scores from today, scores from nfl games today, scores in the nfl today, nfl final scores from today